Friday 10 April 2015

Removals

Ok so here are tidbits on the removal process.

First thing I chose to do was to remove the engine. I found a guy on my home airport that had a hoist I could use to lift the engine. Had to buy the clamps to attach the chain on the crankcase. I decided to buy two and have two attachment points in order not having to remove all the injection system just to lift the engine. I also decided to remove the engine along with all accessories, engine mount and even the firewall all together:




The engine removal took me about two full days to do.

Then I had to build a wing rack that had to be compact and on wheels to move in around since we're two airplanes in a small hangar. The rack took me a full day to build, then with the help of a friend, I started removing the bottom wings, followed by the top wings.

The hangar being small, I realized at that point I had too many parts laying around so I decided to build some shelves and wall racks to store my parts:


Few days later... More shelves and the fuel tank removal:


Again few days later, the panel and systems removal including throttle cable, fuel system, rudder pedals and brakes:


So here I am today. I am now at the point where I need advice on the welding process (which parts can be fixed/changed, preparation, how to minimize the deformation with welding heat, etc.) I will touch base with a professional aviation welder that know well the 4130 chromoly...

No comments:

Post a Comment