Wednesday 11 May 2016

Hoses replacement

It was much longer than I anticipated, but last week-end, I finally completed the rebuild of FWF hoses. Here is a picture of all the old hoses with the firesleeves that I am also replacing:


I started working on the new firesleeves today. As mentioned in my previous post, I am protecting more hoses than before. I first used a pair of cissors to cut them to length but found it made a better job using an x-acto. Here are the main ones:


I then made a mix of RTV sealant with MEK to seal the ends. 50/50 gave me a good result:


I then transferred the mix into a smaller cup and dipped each firesleeve end in it. Here is what it looks like:


I am getting close to being able to put the engine back on the fuse. I worked quite a bit on my firewall a few weeks ago and installed/changed many nutplates. The fuselage is ready to receive the engine back:


Next step is to install the firesleeves and reinstall the hoses back on the engine. Stay tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment