Sunday 27 November 2016

Rigging boards part #2

This week-end I mainly worked on the rigging board assemblies.

Took a few runs of measure+position+glue+clamp+nail+watch glue dry+repeat until all boards were assembled. I did this at home since it's getting chilly in the hangar and the "watch glue dry" step would have taken longer:


I waited until I had the leading edge stops glued in place before drilling the 1/4" hole for the pivots. This way I could directly measure the 25 15/16" distance for this pivot (see drawing in previous post). Here's the almost final product:



Here's what it looks like on the wing:


I plan to paint 2 of them red and one white as suggested in the instructions. This way it creates a better contrast when looking boards against each other.

Thanks to Bill on BiplaneForum.com for the great plans and instructions. Thanks also to my friend Richard for letting me use his table saw : )

No comments:

Post a Comment