Sunday 31 May 2015

Welding Part I

It's been a long time since my last post; busy at work and many other projects going on. Here's a quick update to describe the great progress made on the welds!

Lower longeron external sleeves and gear bolt bushings were welded in place as well as the rudder pedal hinge bushings:


I took this opportunity to shift my pedals 5/16'' forward since I'm 6'1'' tall and my knees were a little close to my instrument panel with my previous setup.

Next step is to weld the brake cylinder attachment tubes and bushings as well as the lateral diagonals. Last step will be to weld the footrest brackets and lateral panel nutplate lugs.

I take the opportunity the congratulate my acro mates Luc Martineau (Sportsman, Pitts S-2C) and François Marquis (Intermediate, Christen Eagle) who got to the Wildwood Acroblast contest this week-end and both won first place of their category! Great job guys!! Here's a little picture of us 3 almost 2 years ago:

No comments:

Post a Comment