Sunday 5 June 2016

Intake pipes

Haven't been posting for a while. Business trips and the sale of the Citabria took some time. Leaving again today for work, but I could spend a few hours in the hangar yesterday to install my intake pipes.

I removed them and had them chromed back in 2014, before I discovered about the crack:


I carefully removed the old gaskets stuck on the cylinder heads with a sealant removal scraper as well as a razor blade. I used Aerograde Hylomar to seal the new gasket in place. I also changed the o-rings that seal the tube with the air distribution box. I lubricated the new o-rings with Parker lube before installation. When an o-ring looks like an onion ring, it's time to change it:


Once all 4 pipes installed:


My plan is to work on the fuel system next. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment