Sunday 26 February 2017

Oil hose improvement

Since spare time is rare these days, when I get to the hangar I try to focus on small improvements that I can finish in a few hours. I leave the gear rigging, wing rigging and weight & balance for when I will have a few hangar days in a row in front of me.

During my last visit to the hangar, I focused on improving an oil hose I wasn't too happy with: the hose going from the top of the oil separator to the engine breather port. When I installed it, I unintentionally induced a little bit of twist into it:


The above hose end setup forced quite a bit of bending in the hose as well. Switching to a 30 deg hose end helped in reducing the bending while still giving proper clearance to access the oil dipstick:


I made sure this time there was no twist in the hose and it turned out better.

I am about to seal the gap between the fuse side panels and firewall with RTV. That's the reason behind the green masking tape you see in the pictures above.

Next small project: change the oil sump fitting from the swivel type to straight type fitting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment