Saturday 29 October 2016

Wings

Finally, the time to put the wings back on came. They have been sitting on a rack since 1½ year, waiting to go back where they should be. Here's a shot of their last minutes on the rack, once I removed the accumulated dust:


With dad's help, I carefully moved back Luc's S2 and prepared the fuse (I always feel guilty of touching someone else's plane):



Then my friends Danny and Luc arrived and helped us for the big work! Here's a shot of myself in front of a monoplane:


Once the top wing was holding in place, We installed what made it a biplane : )


Then the I struts:


I kept all the wires and hardware loose for now since I didn't need a full team to rig the wings. We proceeded with the disassembly of the wings rack to make more space. This allowed us to put back the airplane on its original spot. The feeling was awesome.  

Huge thanks to Danny, Luc and my dad to help me out. It was an enjoyable afternoon during this rainy Saturday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment